Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Turkey Stew

The little 5lb turkey from two days ago was sitting in my fridge just begging to be made into something else. Not that turkey with sides isn't good I just wanted something different tonight. So I settled on something in the crock pot. The turkey came with a Gravy pouch inside it but I set it aside instead of using it. This stew uses very few ingredients but it came out tasty and the kids asked for seconds so I knew it had to have passed the taste test.

Turkey Stew
=================
1 pound turkey breast *mine was pre cooked but raw would work fine*
2 lrg potatoes cut in chunks
1 container gravy
2 cups water
half a package of Green Beans

Empty your gravy into the crock pot and add 2 cups water. Pull the cooked turkey into bite size pieces and place in the crock pot. I let the turkey cook in the gravy mixture several hours while I was deciding what else to put in the stew but if using cooked turkey you can certainly skip to adding the potatoes and green beans. Dice your Potatoes and add to pot. Then add half a bag of frozen green beans. Turn crock pot to high and cook for an hour or until potatoes are tender. Serve with rolls and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment