Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coffee, Coffee everywhere and not enough to drink

While sitting here sipping a cup of warm tea I thought why not share some of my favorite ways to make coffee. Coffee is so versatile served warm or hot both result in complete deliciousness. I've been drinking coffee a very long time and have tried many varieties over the years from gourmet to your run of a mill generic brand. While sometimes I have had a few misses I don't think I've ever had one that I'd completely write off from ever trying again. My favorite coffee is Kona. I became addicted when I lived in Hawaii but finding a decent Kona on the mainland isn't easy. Most Konas in the stores are shells of what the actual version is So I usually settle on just buying Folgers. Folgers is great found basically everywhere and can be drank hot or cold. So using Folgers as my base here are a few simple ways to mix up your coffee in the morning.

*Brew a Pot of coffee per instructions. Mix in a heaping spoonful of Sweetened condensed milk and stir til incorporated.

*After brewing let pot cool and transfer liquid to any sort of pitcher you like. Reserve some of the coffee and make ice cubes with them. Let the rest of the liquid cool even further in fridge for around an hour. Once Ice has set pop a few in a glass. Add Coffee to glass filling about 3/4 of the way. Add some coconut milk and a little liquid sugar to taste. Stir together and enjoy. You can also just use regular milk and make normal iced coffee this way to.

*Start off with a hot cup of coffee. Stir in A packet of hot chocolate mix and around a tbsp of milk. Stir til incorporated and top with whip cream dusted with cinnamon.

*Use my simple sugar mix in flavor of choice and add to either hot or cold coffee.

*Make up a cup of coffee as you normally would. Drop in two Andes Mints and stir until melted. Top with whip cream and a few pieces of broken candy cane or shaved andes mints and you have yourself the perfect peppermint treat.

I hope your inspired to try out more ways to drink Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment