Monday, January 3, 2011

Buttered Turkey

For Dinner tonight I made a turkey well the Turkey sans Dark meat. Last time at the store turkey breast on the bone was on sale so I picked up two. I went to work thinking how I wanted to cook it. Eventually I settled on making a butter rub. The turkey came out moist and flavor packed. The skin which is always my favorite snack came out crisp and delicious.

Buttered Turkey
------------------
1 5lb Breast of Turkey
3-4 tbsp butter
Garlic powder to taste
1 tbsp Cilantro
1 tsp each salt and pepper

Preheat oven according to directions. Mix together ingredients and rub all over turkey. Your going to have to get your hands in on this no pastry brush. I rubbed the mixture on the skin as well as inside the turkey. Then set the time for 75 minutes and popped in the oven. Once the timer goes off the first time remove and take a spoon or brush and brush with remaining mixture then pop back in the over for 75 minutes or until done.

The turkey came with a gravy packet but I am not lying this meat did not need it at all. I can't wait til tomorrow when I can find a multitude of uses for this delicious meat. Til then Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment