Friday, January 14, 2011

Simple Cinnamon Rolls

This morning we had run out of oatmeal and I was left scratching my head deciding what to make. Nobody wanted muffins and I wasn't in the mood to wait for bagels to bake and rise. My husband suggested Cinnamon rolls. I was hesitant at first since last time I made them they didn't turn out so well. I decided to give another recipe a shot since kids and hubby really wanted them. The base recipe was found online on E-how but I adjusted it for what I had on hand and I think they tasted fantastic.


Cinnamon Rolls
------------------
Dough
------------
2 cups of white flour
3 teaspoons baking power
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup of oil
2/3 cup buttermilk

Filling
------------
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Before Beginning Pre-Heat oven to 400F degrees.

Mix all dough dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add oil and start to combine, then add the milk until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides. Lightly flour your counter or cutting board and roll out dough into a rectangle. Dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.

Sprinkle cinnamon on dough. Melt your butter and add the vanilla to it. Brush on top of cinnamon and sprinkle with your sugars. Roll up your dough starting on one side and roll into a log. Cut into 1 inch slices with a sharp knife. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400f Degrees around 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm. You can make a glaze on top with milk and powdered sugar but my family prefers just a little pat of butter on top. Makes around 15-16 rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment