Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Nutella and Fresh Strawberries a Perfect combo

I love simple desserts. While I don't eat them often sometimes when the mood strikes I want something I can make eat and be done with. A real no muss no fuss treat. While talking to someone this evening she mentioned she had a jar of nutella which made me remember this little recipe. I make mine with strawberries but she only had Bananas on hand so used them. I've never tried it with Bananas but if her happy chatter was an indication then I bet it tasted fabulous.

Nutella and Fresh Strawberries
===============================
1-2 pieces bread of your choice
Nutella
3 strawberries sliced lengthwise
1 tsp sugar

*Whip cream is optional but does taste fantastic on the hot Dessert

While assembling turn on oven to broil. Spread a semi thick layer of nutella on your bread slices. Top with strawberries overlapping. Sprinkle the strawberries with sugar and place on a cookie sheet. Place under broiler until the sugar starts to caramelize. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn. Remove from oven and serve sprinkled with powder sugar or a dollop of fresh cream. That's it your done. I hope you enjoy this simple dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment