Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Since starting to cut back on breads,pasta and potatoes I have found new and creative ways to slowly eliminate traditional breads from my diet. However on Sunday I can eat what I want. So this morning I decided on pancakes. My son wanted fruit ones and my daughter wanted pumpkin. Luckily I have the perfect recipe to create both.


Pancake mix
------------
2 cups bisquick
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk *I used powdered*

Mix together and divide.

To the first batch I added frozen fruit mix and a splash of vanilla. Stirred and set aside.

Now for the pumpkin you will need

1 tbs of vanilla
3 spoonfuls of canned pumpkin *not pumpkin pie mix*
1 tbs of pumpkin pie spice *you can adjust to taste*
1 dash of extra cinnamon

Cook through and serve with some warm maple syrup and butter. Both pancake versions came out fluffy and delicious and were gobbled up quickly. You can omit the buttermilk and use regular I usually do but since I had buttermilk on hand didn't want to pass up the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment