Saturday, January 16, 2010

EVOOhoney sugar scrub

I know this isn't a recipe but it does involve cooking ingredients. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is not just great for cooking but is also one of my favorite ways to remove makeup. Not only does it take it off super easily but also is gentle on the skin and most people have it lying around. I love home beauty remedies and one day surfing on youtube I found the perfect EVOO sugar scrub. The only problem is it made a large batch and I wanted just a single use serving. So I played around and I found around 1 tsp of each ingredient made a single use batch.

EVOO honey sugar scrub
----------------------

1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of honey *pure not imitation*

Mix together until incorporated. Make sure your face is freshly washed and all makeup is removed. Apply and rub in a circular motion all over face about a minute.
Wash with warm water and pat dry. You can apply moistuizer afterwards but honestly I never need to. This is a simple 5 minute pampering you can do every few days. Your skin will thank you I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment