Monday, January 25, 2010

Shrimp and Broccoli

I made this tonight on a whim. I wasn't in the mood for chicken or beef and so I settled on shrimp. I always keep a few bags of frozen shrimp in my freezer and usually I go the shrimp alfredo route but tonight I wanted to try something different. Both my husband and kids loved this and I am sure it will be made again soon.

Shrimp and Broccoli
--------------------
roughly 4 cups shrimp peeled and de-veined
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1 small bag frozen broccoli
1/4 cup of spicy miso sauce

I par cooked the broccoli in the microwave then drained and set aside. warm up some oil in a pan over medium heat. Toss all ingredients in a plastic bag with shrimp and shake to coat. Once oil is heated toss shrimp in pan. Make sure broccoli is drained and then add to shrimp. Combine and let cook for around 5 minutes. Pour in the miso and stir to combine. Cook another 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately over rice. I used safron rice and it was delicious. But you could use white, brown or whatever your family enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment