Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pork chops in a onion mushroom sauce

Tonight I decided we would have pork chops for dinner. Of course after taking out and thawing I realized I was out of cranberries so I would need to come up with something else to cook. So I went with an old standby. I paired this with candied carrots *recipe below* and a side salad. Excuse the no tomatoes on the salad. My daughter ate them while setting up the shot and I was out.

Pork Chops
----------------
4 1 inch thick boneless pork chops
1 half large onion sliced
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-Heat the oven to 375 degrees
Heat a pan on the stovetop to medium and pan sear the seasoned chops
Cook about 2 minutes per side remove
In same pan melt 3 tbs of butter and add onions
cook til they become clear and soft
Place in a pan and top with cream of mushroom soup and the onions.
Cover with tinfoil and place in oven for 30 minutes

Candied Carrots
-----------------
Carrots *I used crinkle cut but any will do*
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
3 spoonfuls butter


In a small saucepan melt 3 spoonfuls of butter
Once melted add the honey and stir
Add the brown sugar and whisk together until incorporated
Pour over the carrots in a small glass pan
bake in the oven covered with tinfoil 20 minutes *if using frozen cook partially before placing in pan with sauce*

No comments:

Post a Comment