Monday, January 18, 2010

Chili

I used to hate Chili the texture of the beans just didn't suit my palette and for the first couple years of being married my husband kept asking me to make chili. Finally I gave in and decided to try my hand at making some. It took awhile to perfect but it's now one of the many staples that gets cooked in my household. I like anyone else who makes chili prize their recipe so this is adjusted a smidge. Don't worry all the flavor is still their and you will not be disappointed.

Chili
------
1 can of medium spice chili beans
1 can of hot spice chili beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of red beans
1.5 lbs of hamburger
3 tbs chili powder
1 tsp red pepper
1 tbs garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 32oz can of tomato sauce
2 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp cumin
1 small can tomato paste

Brown the meat, drain and set aside. Rinse the black,red beans and place in crockpot. Add the chili beans *no rising of these* add the dry ingredients, beef and tomato sauce stir til combined. Towards the end of cooking add the tomato paste and stir again this will help thicken the sauce.
This recipe can be cooked on low on the stovetop or in a crockpot. The longer it sits the better it tastes. I drop the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and its ready by dinner. Top with some shredded cheese or sour cream. My personal favorite is a handful of crushed cheeze it's. I hope you enjoy and feel free to add more or less spice to suit your tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment