Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mini Meatloafs

My husband is not a meatloaf fan at all won't touch the stuff. One day while surfing channels I stopped on food network. They were making mini meatloafs. These were nothing special your run of the mill loaves in small pans. That night I decided to adapt my own meatloaf recipe into mini form. The kids loved it and believe it or not so did the husband. I Think because it crisped on the outside unlike a large traditional meatloaf. I don't make these often but when I do they are all gone within minutes of being plated.


Mini Meatloafs
------------------
2 lbs hamburger
1 cup spinach
1 cup mozzarella
3 slices buttered bread
1 egg
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbs Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Turn oven to 350 degrees
Chop buttered bread into tiny squares and place in bowl with rest of ingredients. Incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. Shape into small loaves. On stovetop lightly grease pan once heated place the patties and cook around 2 minutes per side. You want them to brown not burn. Transfer to the oven and finish cooking 20 minutes. Plate and serve. I find two a piece is perfect serving size. This serves well with salad, potatoes or just some nice grilled veggies. It's also a great way to sneak in some spinach for those picky eaters.

Variation: I have also made this by wrapping the mini loaves with bacon except I cook in the oven first *dropping time to 15 minutes* then wrap with the bacon and finish off in pan. The bacon should be crisp but still flexible around the beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment