Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meatballs

Tonight I decided to make my meatball patties but hubby was not in the mood at all so I decided why not make meatballs instead. I love a good meatball something about them brings me straight back to my youth forming patties side by side with my dad. The smell of the Italian herbs and spices wafting through the kitchen and the anticipation of that glorious burst of flavor once popped in your mouth. It's been awhile since I made up proper meatballs. I don't mean the quick ones I do when I'm half-assing preparing dinner mixing turkey and hamburger together for a no frills meatball. We've all had those type of days don't judge me lol. No I mean the good kind of meatball made with Pork, hamburger and Italian Sausage. The way my father and grandmother before him would make them.

Meatballs
---------------------
1 Pound Hamburger 80/20
1 Pound Italian Sausage
1/2 Pound Pork
1 egg
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Cup Parmesan
1 Package chopped leaf Spinach drained
1 Tbsp Italian Seasonings
1 Tsp Salt and Pepper
Garlic to taste
1/2-1 Cup Breadcrumbs,Panko or Oatmeal

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. No using a spoon get in their with your hands and mash the mix together. Grab a small chunk of meat and roll into a ball whichever size you prefer. Once all balls are formed and placed on baking sheet pop into Pre-heated oven @350F for 20 minutes.

Once done in oven remove while warm and place in sauce warming on low while making pasta. Serve and Enjoy.

These taste great on Pasta on a sub or even toasted between two slices of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment