Sunday, February 13, 2011

Banana coconut Pancakes Oh yeah!

I love the taste of Banana and Coconut together so it only seems logical that I'd experiment with those flavors in a variety of ways. One day while making banana pancakes I noticed a small can of Coconut milk in my fridge door needing to be used up and so normal milk went back in the fridge and out came the coconut milk. The flavor was fantastic and certainly well worth the small price of the can since it doesn't use it all and can keep in the fridge a few days. My husband isn't as big a coconut fan as I am and he even liked them. The coconut wasn't overly powerful but you definitely noticed it in every bite as a subtle background flavor to the bananas. Next time I might even add in some shredded coconut to kick it up a notch or do something completely crazy like adding in some crushed pineapple and making a tropical pancake. Now that I think about it that does sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment