Sunday, December 26, 2010

Southern Style Biscuits Made Easy

Since it's the day after the holidays my meal tonight was a cheat. I made the family tuna helper which surprisingly was fantastic and dare I say I might tuck a box or two away as a just in case meal. I had no rolls left so I needed some sort to put on the side. It's been awhile since I've had proper southern style biscuits with a meal so figured why not. These can be rolled out or as drop biscuits both are equally delicious.

Southern Style Biscuits
------------------------
2 Cups Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1/3 cup Oil
2/3 cup milk


Mix dry ingredients. Put oil in measuring cup and add milk. Do not stir.
Add to dry ingredients. Mix lightly to moisten ingredients and knead one or two times to form ball. Roll out between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/2" thick.
Cut into biscuits or alternatively drop by the spoonful onto cookie sheet. I leave the choice up to you. Bake on an ungreased pan at 475F for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment