Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pretzel Dogs

Having skipped baking bread last night I found myself wondering what to cook for lunch today. I have plenty of Hotdogs in the freezer so I knew I wanted to use them. I was going to make pigs in a blanket but I wanted something fairly easy and making crescent rolls from scratch frankly is not. So I settled on Pretzel Dogs. I do have an amazing Pretzel Recipe but it wasn't on this computer and I didn't feel like charging up my other one. So I used my Amazing Pizza dough recipe instead. Overall it worked OK the Pretzels were chewy and tore nicely but didn't brown up nearly as much as a normal Pretzel recipe does.

Since this is fairly cut and dry. I'm just going to skip the ingredient list and move to assembly and baking times.

When your dough has risen the required time cut into small manageable pieces to fit the amt of hot dogs you have. Dry of the hotdogs after taking out of package. If you don't the dough will just slide off before boiling in the baking soda water. Work each ball of dough into a long thin tendril by rolling and pushing out with floured hands. Then from one end of the hot dog start twisting around til the whole dog is covered. Once all assembled turn on your oven to 450F and let it pre heat before bathing the pretzel dogs for 30 seconds in boiling Baking soda water. Remove with slotted spoon and drain the excess liquid before putting on nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle some Kosher or Sea Salt on top. Once the oven is Pre-heated pop the dogs in and cook for 9-12 minutes or until Brown. Serve with chips and Mustard and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment