Sunday, December 26, 2010

Awesome Easy Pizza Dough

I've recently started making my own Pizza dough. Believe it or not I used to always buy the pre-made crusts or even just bought from one of the Big 3 when I've wanted Pizza. I came across a Recipe online for a Simple easy crust but while good it could use some tweaking and this is what I came up with. The dough is Chewy yet stiff enough to hold a ton of toppings without bending under the weight. This Recipe also makes Fantastic Bread Sticks.

Awesome Easy Pizza Dough
--------------------------
4 cups Flour
1 tbsp Yeast
1/4 c Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 cups water warmed to 105 F

Place dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and combine by stirring. Add your warmed water and stir until all the dry ingredients are incorporated into a dough. Cover the dough with a towel or saran wrap loosely and let it rise in a semi warm place for about 30 minutes or so. Next, flour a hard surface and knead the dough about 8 to 10 times by hand. Let the dough rise again in a covered bowl for about 20 minutes. Turn it out onto your floured surface and press by hand into your desired shape (round or square). Place prepared dough onto a Baking Sheet or Pizza Stone. I sprinkle Corn Meal on my baking sheet but you can oil it if you prefer. Use Desired toppings and Bake in a 400F degree oven until crust is crispy and brown. Makes several Medium sized Pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment